The Global Affairs and Partnerships (GAP) program at Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is seeking an intern to provide research, administrative, and logistical support to the team’s overall fundraising, development, and knowledge management activities. GAP helps advance Search's mission by contributing to fundraising, organizational partnerships, advocacy and outreach, new program development, and proposal development for global programs.
The intern will report to the Global Affairs and Partnerships Manager.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Conduct desktop research related to fundraising from bilateral governments, multilaterals, and foundations;
- Assist with the development of global partnerships and contracts;
- Identify and research opportunities for new program development and partnerships;
- Represent SFCG at relevant meetings and events in Washington, D.C.;
- Maintain and update knowledge management tools;
- Compute and analyze fundraising trends;
- Support new program design and proposal writing;
As internship descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Current student or recent graduate with a degree in International Relations, Conflict Studies, Development, or a related area;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet Search Engines).
- The ideal candidate will further exhibit:
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position;
- Experience in foreign policy, fundraising, and conflict resolution;
- Demonstrable interest in creating partnerships with other organizations, policymakers, and donors to advance conflict prevention;
- Experience in business development or with donor agencies
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
To apply, interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume to our employment portal here. We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.