Preferably based in Beirut
We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for…
The Institutional Learning Team
The Institutional Learning Team (ILT) sits at the heart of the organisation, and it includes DM&E Specialists for Asia, Middle East & North Africa, East and Southern Africa, and West Africa. ILT is a fun team to be part of and undertakes work that spans the full spectrum of work of the organisation. ILT works across every programme at SFCG either on Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) related issues or on learning and cross-fertilisation related themes. . Duties of this internship will contribute to the development of programs for sustainable peace and conflict transformation in the MENA region, and will give interns an opportunity to practice high-level, professional skills. Interns must be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) and must commit for 4 months minimum and may be asked to stay for a maximum of 6 months, pending a mid-term review. We are looking for an intern to begin as soon as possible
This position reports to the MENA Regional Specialist in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning. The roles and responsibilities include:
• Assisting the MENA Regional Specialists in carrying out M&E related tasks.
• Assist with developing evaluation briefs and learning documents.
• Liaising with communications to update website with most recent evaluations and studies.
• Conducting contextual research and supporting with data collection as needed.
• Performing other supportive duties as needed.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
You meet the following qualifications:
• BA or MA (completed or in progress) in international relations, conflict resolution, Middle East studies, international development, or a related field.
• Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English (native or near-native).
• Computer proficiency.
• Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
• Familiarity with the Lebanese context.
• Ability to live in Beirut, Lebanon is desirable, working remotely is an option.
• Comfort in cross-cultural contexts.
• Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large.
• Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
• Ability to communicate in Arabic preferred.
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should:
This internship is unpaid
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.